Breads & Sides
Scrumptious Pumpkin Casserole
31/2 cups pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
10 marshmallows cut into pieces (optional)
1 tbsp pumpkin pie seasoning
mix together in bowl then pour into buttered 9x13 inch pan.
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups coconut
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
Mix together nuts, coconut, brown sugar, & flour. cut in the butter mixing well. Spread over filling evenly. Bake on 350 degrees for 30 mins or until brown and bubbly
GRILLED CHICKEN SPINACH CHEDDAR FLAT BREAD PIZZA
Naan flat bread by Stone-fire or desired crust recipe
1 bunch or small bag baby spinach sauteed with one tbs minced garlic, tbs olive oil. Set aside.
1 boneless chicken breast grilled and sliced
4-8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 cup roasted pepper chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (optional)
Brush naan flat bread with olive oil lightly on both sides.
Place on parchment lined pan.
Pre- bake on 375 degrees for 5 mins.
Pile on your cheese, spinach mixture, roasted peppers and mushrooms, over naan. Arrange grilled chicken slices for top. Return to oven and bake until cheese melted and naan flat bread browned.
I just love this kind of pizza!! I also make this as a side to go with pasta or soups. It is not only delicious but filling!
MARINATED ROASTED VEGTABLES
Select several of your favorite vegetables. Wash and cut them then pat dry. Pictured are the selections I chose for dinner tonight. You can always choose a different blend.
Baby red skinned potatoes, zucchini, onions, grape tomatoes, carrots, red peppers, asparagus spears, broccoli rabe, garlic & Italian cheeses & seasoings. & Cracked pepper to taste.
Coat your roasting pan with olive oil. When your veggies are all cut up , mix in a large bowl with chesses and seasonings. Toss with your favorite marinade or dressings. I used a vinegarette dressing mixed with white wine. coat well. Roast about one hour turning them over after 30 mins. Yummy healthy delicious side for any meal!!
Recipe for one Stromboli feeds approximately 3-4 people
1) 1 cup warm water
1 package instant dry yeast quick rise/ or 2 tsp
1 teaspoon sugar or honey
Dissolve yeast in warm water and let it set for 3 minutes. Do not stir.
2) In a separate large bowl, combine two cups flour, salt. sift with a whisk.
add three tablespoons olive oil . Stir well while gradually adding in your yeast mixture.
3) Slowly add more flour and use your hands to knead gently. At this point you will take it out of your bowl to prepare to roll dough into triangle. Do not press dough down hard..
4) once dough is rolled out in triangle, you will add one layer of provolone cheese and then place desired meat on top, (example: pepperoni, ham , Steak, roasted veggies) Top with slices of mozzarella cheese.
5) Now roll into log shape from back towards you, fold ends in . Make slits as shown in picture on top of loaf. Place on parchment lined pan lightly coated with olive oil and sprinkled corn meal.
6) Let rise in oven on warm for about 20 mins. Bake 375 for about 25 mins.or until
golden brown. let sit 5 mins n